Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Transition and Care Management (OEF/OIF/OND)


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

VA Services: Education

Two women graduates

About the New Post 9/11 GI Bill:

Move on with your life in a very positive way – through education.  And let VA help you pay for it.

The Post 9/11 GI-Bill can help pay for education and housing to those who:

  • have been discharged honorably
  • have at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001
  • discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.

What will the bill cover?

  • Tuition and fees paid directly to the school is based on the maximum in-state tuition rate at a public institution of higher learning. That is the maximum coverage, unless Yellow Ribbon comes into play.
  • Monthly housing allowance
  • Living expense stipend based on E-5 BAH with dependents based on the zip code of your school
  • Annual books and supplies stipend up to $1,000 paid proportionately based on enrollment.
  • Can transfer to eligible dependents

If you have served on or called to active duty after Sept. 11, 2001:

  • 100% benefit if you have at least 36 months of duty
  • 100% benefit if you have 30 days service and were discharged with a service-connected disability
  • 90% 30 to 36 month of duty
  • 80% 24 to 30 months of duty
  • 70% 18 to 24 months of duty
  • 60% 12 to 18 months of duty
  • 50% 6 to 12 months of duty
  • 40% 90 days to 6 months of duty

More info here:  GI Bill Info

Returning Service Members Help Line 1-877-222-8387
Follow VA Returning Service Members on facebook
OEF/OIF twitter page
Email OEF/OIF Outreach
Yellow Ribbon
Crisis Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)