How Do I Get Help? - Transition and Care Management (OEF/OIF/OND)
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Transition and Care Management (OEF/OIF/OND)


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

How Do I Get Help?

You may be eligible for VA benefits. Use the information below to get started:

Am I Eligible?

I am:

A Veteran

A Veteran's dependent

A surviving spouse, child or parent of a deceased Veteran

An active duty military service member

A member of the Reserve or National Guard

How Do I Apply?

VA offers several ways to apply for your benefits depending on your category and status.

The Pre-Discharge Program: A joint VA and Department of Defense (DoD) program that affords service members the opportunity to file claims for disability compensation up to 180 days prior to separation or retirement from active duty or full time National Guard or Reserve duty.

The VONAPP (Veterans On Line Application)
The eBenefits website is an official VA web site that enables service members, veterans and their beneficiaries, and other designated individuals to apply for benefits using the Internet.

Apply at your Local Regional Offices
VA regional offices can assist you with filing the appropriate VA forms. Find out where your local VA Transition and Care Management Team is located.










Who Can Help? 

Transition and Care Management Teams help you navigate your way through the VA system.

Federal Recovery Coordination Teams provide support for the recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration of severely injured, ill or wounded service members and Veterans.

VA Liaisons for Healthcare support the transfer of severely wounded service members, including coordinating care and providing consultation about VA resources.

Caregiver Support Services: If you are the Family Caregiver of a Veteran who was injured post-9/11, learn more about these services.

Vet Centers offer a wide range of services to help service members make a successful transition from military to civilian life. 

VA's Office of Rural Health connects Veterans living in rural areas with health resources and benefits.

Veterans Crisis Line Connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.