VA Services: Vet Centers
Why not give a Vet Center a try?
If you prefer to speak with a fellow Veteran, in a confidential setting, regarding your readjustment from military to civilian life after your service in a combat zone, then try visiting a VA Vet Center.
- Located conveniently in your community – outside the large VA medical facilities, to help remove barriers to care for Veterans and family members.
- No waiting lists – Veterans may be seen by a counselor the same day they stop by for an assessment and to schedule their next appointment.
- Maintain nontraditional after-hours appointments to accommodate Veterans' work schedules.
- Offer a non-clinical environment – to avoid the stigma sometimes associated with other mental health or readjustment care.
- Promote early intervention – to make every effort to remove the stigma of seeking assistance.
- Most Vet Center counselors are Veterans themselves.
- Available for family members (for military issues).
Find a Vet Center
Substance Abuse Programs
Stress and Mental Health Programs