Did you know?
You can claim various types of disabilities for service connection. These are in addition to any disease, mental condition or chronic condition caused by your service or aggravated by your service.
For full information see a VBA representative or visit Compensation and Pension Service
Compensation benefits cannot be paid in conjunction with severance pay. However, concurrent payment for combat disabilities and disabilities rated at 50% or more in addition to payments from PRL are authorized.
- Compensation is tax free
- Additional Special Monthly Compensation added for loss of limb, organ, etc.
- Concurrent retired pay, previously prohibited, now being phased in
- Disabilities are rated from 0% to 100%
- VA rating is independent of any military rating
- Payments begin with 10% rating
- Additional allowance for dependents with 30% or higher rating
Compensation – Some related benefits (if eligible)
- VA health care for all rated service-connected conditions
- Vocational rehabilitation & employment services
- Life insurance
- Federal employment preference
- VA loan funding fee waived
- Annual clothing allowance
- Specially adapted homes
- Automobile grant and adaptive equipment
- Military commissary & exchange privileges
How to Apply
- Contact the VA by calling 1-800-827-1000
- More info here: VA Benefits
Learn more about VA Life Insurance Benefits.